Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie Question - Arrows in Illustrator CS4

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2009 Nov 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new here and a bit of a newbie to Illustrator CS4 (migrating from CorelDraw X3). I'm trying to add an arrow to a line which was drawn using the line segment tool. I followed the steps in the online help which says to select the object (line segment), then go to Effect > Stylize -> Add Arrowheads. The only option I have in the Stylize menu is "Glowing Edges ..." Is it possible the line segment I drew is not considered an object?

Please help, this is driving me crazy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two sections in the Effects menu. The top one is for Illustrator Effects and where you will find the Stylize>Add Arrowheads. You were looking in the bottom Photoshop Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, just so you know who you are dealing with: This is version 14 of a program that is over 20 years old. The developers knowingly put two identical menu items in one menu. I keep an “I’m With Stupid” T-shirt just for when I go for beers with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2010 Apr 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I know this is a few months old. Just wanted to say thanks for posting the answer, since I just spent about 45 minutes trying to figure this out, going down the same "glowing edges" garden path as the OP. I need one of those "I'm with stupid" t-shirts. At least I was able to find the answer. The Adobe help files of course were no help at all, and Adobe even makes it hard to search the forums (hey, I DON'T CARE about arrowheads in Flash, already), but I did find it. Thanks again.

Edward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

Who would have thought to look for that!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines