• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie question: The fill on all objects disappeared. What did I do?

Explorer ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've drawn a design made up of several objects in Illustrator with the pen tool. The objects are not grouped. While I draw, I turn Smart Guides on and off as needed. Each object is initially drawn without a fill and after the path is closed, I change the fill to black and go on to draw the next object without fill. While I draw, I turn Smart Guides on and off as needed.

The problem: After completing 12 objects this way, while drawing the 13th (unlucky 13?), the fill on all the objects disappeared, but both the Control and Tool panels are still showing that the fill is black. The 1st screenshot below has all objects selected and the 2nd does not.I also noticed that if I change the stroke weight, it does not change the appearance of the objects either.

I think I've inadvertently entered some kind of mode. Maybe I hit a wrong key when turning Smart Guides on and off? BTW, it's not in isolation mode.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in Outline view mode. Choose View > Preview...

You may have inadvertently tapped Ctrl+Y, which toggle between these modes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gah!  That fixed it - many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines