• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Creative Cloud

New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I was just wondering, if I bought Illustrator off a shelf, and installed it with my DVD/CD player for my PC, would I have to have that annoying Creative Cloud?

Ever looked at the resources it eats?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have access to a disc version of CS4-CS6, have an OS that supports it (i.e. not something brand new), and never plan to update your OS, I believe you can still activate it. Servers for CS3 and earlier are kaput as I understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're talking about any current version of Illustrator (specifically CC 2020 or CC 2021) that will run on a current Mac or Windows machine then the answer is no. CS6 was the last version to be sold as a non-subscription version of the program. Big Sur on a Mac and the current version of Windows 10 will not support CS6 or earlier. A subscription to Creative Cloud is the only way the program is currently available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 

I will have to say I am saddened by the news. As it is, I will not be renewing my subscription in August. CC keeps crashing my OS, even from a new partitioned SSD, and I can only handle so much. Especially when I can't get my preferences to be enforced. I am the only user of my Little Beast, and should not be having these struggles. It was wonderful when it worked.

Thank you again Mr. Bill and Mr. Doug for your answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds like a rather serious problem that you might want to try and solve, rather than giving up on. Have you contacted support via the direct (non-forum) channel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines