No Dialogue Box with "Expand.."

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally when I want to expand an object ,"Expand Appearance" is only available and "Expand..." is grayed out. After I click "Expand Appearance", then I have "Expand.." available, and "Expand Appearance" is grayed out. I saw in a tutorial that a dialogue box with options should show up, but when I click "Expand..." no dialogue box shows up, so I can't choose if I want to expand the fill and/or stroke. How do I find/access the "Expand..." dialogue box?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by tromboniator | Adobe Community Professional

Whether Expand Appearance or Expand is available depends on the nature of the selected object, as does the presence or absence of a dialog box, and the options available if the box appears; for example, an object with attributes added through the Appearance panel, such as effects or additional strokes, will cause Expand Appearance to be the available option, and a path with a gradient fill will generate a different dialog box than a path with a solid color fill and stroke.

There is some information here in the Adobe documentation.

Peter

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No Dialogue Box with "Expand.."

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally when I want to expand an object ,"Expand Appearance" is only available and "Expand..." is grayed out. After I click "Expand Appearance", then I have "Expand.." available, and "Expand Appearance" is grayed out. I saw in a tutorial that a dialogue box with options should show up, but when I click "Expand..." no dialogue box shows up, so I can't choose if I want to expand the fill and/or stroke. How do I find/access the "Expand..." dialogue box?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by tromboniator | Adobe Community Professional

Whether Expand Appearance or Expand is available depends on the nature of the selected object, as does the presence or absence of a dialog box, and the options available if the box appears; for example, an object with attributes added through the Appearance panel, such as effects or additional strokes, will cause Expand Appearance to be the available option, and a path with a gradient fill will generate a different dialog box than a path with a solid color fill and stroke.

Peter

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Resources