Highlighted

No rotate on bounding box for shapes

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a circle or square I can only expand or contract the shape. The arrow option to rotate will not show up. If it is an object that I have placed on the artboard, I never have any problem rotating. It seems to only be shapes I create with the shape tools. 

No, I haven't turned bounding box off. I can see it just fine, can see expand and contract, just not rotate.

I have closed and restarted Illustrator.

Restarted my computer.

I have reset my preferences.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator.

All to no avail...

It's ridiculously annoying. Anyone got an ideas on a solution?

Thank you to my hero of the future.

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No rotate on bounding box for shapes

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a circle or square I can only expand or contract the shape. The arrow option to rotate will not show up. If it is an object that I have placed on the artboard, I never have any problem rotating. It seems to only be shapes I create with the shape tools. 

No, I haven't turned bounding box off. I can see it just fine, can see expand and contract, just not rotate.

I have closed and restarted Illustrator.

Restarted my computer.

I have reset my preferences.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator.

All to no avail...

It's ridiculously annoying. Anyone got an ideas on a solution?

Thank you to my hero of the future.

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of OS & Illustrator?

I see you have performed troubleshooting which did not help. I'd request using Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the existing installation and install a fresh copy. Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0
JimiHunt LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.0.18363

Illustrator is the latest version, reinstalled it about 5 days ago.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
Resources