Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to create a tab in my extension

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

could some one help me how to use window.open('URL','_blank') which creates a new tab in browser. i want to acheive the same in extension designed in adobe illustrator.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Scripting , SDK , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Hi,

What Inventsable said is correct. Adding more information to that. Create tab layout in your CEP panel, some thing like below

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 11.18.45 PM.png

You can add these tab dynamically, when you required to open the url in new tab. (I mean as soon as user will click on the link). And as soon as tab is added into DOM, you can route to that tab ( like Chrome Tab), and open the url using iframe in newly added tab. It may have some delay because you are adding tab dynamically and routing to that tab and then adding i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Are you creating your extension using HTML/ CSS(I mean CEP panels) or using C++? If you are creating extension using CEP, you can use "openURLInDefaultBrowser" method of CSInterface library.

var cs = new CSInterface();
var url = 'https://www.google.com/';
cs.openURLInDefaultBrowser(url);

Above code will open the url in your default browser. Let us know if this is what you are looking for.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rajput, firstly am sorry for the delayed reply. And your suggestion is appreciable. But i dont want a url to be opened in browser. Instead i would like to open the URL in the cep extension. But in a different page i mean similar to new tab in chrome browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not understanding it clearing, but here are few points, To open any url in CEP extension you need to use iframe. And what I understand you already open the url in CEP and want to open another url from that page inside another CEP panel? If you can post screen shot of your panel and explain the workflow more, may be we can figure out a way for this.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the way how google browser is having multiple tabs can we create a similar tab in cef browser in my extension?

I mean i have an extension where i have my page lies inside the extension. if i click on a button i want to open the Url associated with that button in a separate tab like how google browser has a feasibility of opening in new tab. i dont want my url to be opened in new extension or iframe. Unable to express you through image.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd have to manually create some form of routing and tabs yourself, or use React/Vue Router, then use some CSS library or your own elements for the tab elements themselves. But the issue still stands that you'd need to use an iframe to display browser content inside your panel regardless and you can't get around that. There are libraries for routing and CSS tricks via display that can be used here, but you don't have a choice but to use an iframe within a CEP panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What Inventsable said is correct. Adding more information to that. Create tab layout in your CEP panel, some thing like below

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 11.18.45 PM.png

You can add these tab dynamically, when you required to open the url in new tab. (I mean as soon as user will click on the link). And as soon as tab is added into DOM, you can route to that tab ( like Chrome Tab), and open the url using iframe in newly added tab. It may have some delay because you are adding tab dynamically and routing to that tab and then adding iframe into that tab to open the url.

As we don't have direct way to do this, this is a work around you can follow. I hope it give you some idea. 

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Thank you so much Invenstable and charu rajput for your innovative thought. I can construct a bit from your idea. Are there any demo examples available for these. If available please forward me. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ananth_padmakarp64550037 
I am sorry, I don't have such examples that are ready. Here is the link with lots of examples

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples

But I am not quite sure whether, you will get any example as per your requirement because I have not gone through each one of them.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the suggestion. There is no such relevant example i found and will keep working to achieve that. Thank you once again and have a good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines