• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

not able to resize text

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure it is a simple fix however I can't seem to figure it out.  I typed in a number went to pull the squares for the bounding box to make the number bigger, the bounding box show getting bigger but then the number will either get smaller and go to the left lower part of the bounding box.  If anyone can help I would sure appreciate it.  Thank you  ( I did even try manually typing in the size in my width and hieght and it goes right back to the same size that was in there)

TOPICS
Performance , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a misunderstanding here. What you are doing sounds like using paragraph text and the text container has nothing to do with the actual text size. That wraps the text based on the text tool settings and the document DPI, which is also something you seem to be missing. That's why it also may appear "small" because 14pt text at 72 DPI results in a different rasterized size as that same text at 300 DPI. Anyway, you would simply use conventional text and then use the transform tool to scale text. You may want to read the online help on some of these basics.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the text object selected, choose Type > Convert to Point Type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sheila. Maybe this link can be helpful: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/how-to/text-basics.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines