Highlighted

Not able to save file in Illustrator 2020 on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to save a file and suddenly can't even get a dialog save box to appear when trying to save. I shut down, updated everything to the latest. I am on Catalina 10.15.5 and have downloaded the latest AI version. 

When I relaunched, Recovered files are there but I still cannot save in any way. Is there a fix for this?

Please help.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Not able to save file in Illustrator 2020 on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to save a file and suddenly can't even get a dialog save box to appear when trying to save. I shut down, updated everything to the latest. I am on Catalina 10.15.5 and have downloaded the latest AI version. 

When I relaunched, Recovered files are there but I still cannot save in any way. Is there a fix for this?

Please help.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work when you use "Save as"?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no. None of the save commands work. No dialog. No idication of saving after selecting the option of any sort of save.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset the preferences when updating?

You can try and rename the folder as described in here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved by now. If it is, we'd appreciate if you can share the solution with us. It'll help other users with similar concern.

If you still have issue, please share the information asked in earlier responses.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0