Highlighted

Not able to see/transparent new document tab in Illustrator CC2020 v24.1.2

New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Illustrator a week ago (I am now on the 24.1.2 version) and for now I coudn't create a new document. When I click on "create a new document", there is a display bug (see on the picture) and I can't do anything.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but nothing...

bug displaybug display

I have no idea...

can someone answer to that isssue? Thank you.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I made what you proposed (resets preferences, rename folders), but it didn't work. However, I have succeeded in use illustrator by myself (I realized that it works when I used the CPU overview/control e).

For information, I am on Windows 10. 

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Not able to see/transparent new document tab in Illustrator CC2020 v24.1.2

New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Illustrator a week ago (I am now on the 24.1.2 version) and for now I coudn't create a new document. When I click on "create a new document", there is a display bug (see on the picture) and I can't do anything.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but nothing...

bug displaybug display

I have no idea...

can someone answer to that isssue? Thank you.

{Renamed by MOD}

I made what you proposed (resets preferences, rename folders), but it didn't work. However, I have succeeded in use illustrator by myself (I realized that it works when I used the CPU overview/control e).

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is really unusual behavior of the app. Would you mind sharing version of OS?
I'd also recommend trying to reset the preferences once. Please follow the instructions below to do that:

For Mac:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  "Adobe Illustrator", "com.adobe.illustrator" and "Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings" folders to  "Adobe Illustrator.old", "com.adobe.illustrator.old" and "Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old".
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

For Windows: 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings. 

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it worked out. Feel free to reach out if there is any other concern, we'll be happy to help. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines