Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to use any Adobe app on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! 

My name is Thara and I'm in need of urgent help!! (I have a Macbook Pro with macOS Catalin version 10.15.7)

So earlier in the evening, I decided to empty out a bit of my storage since I was running out of space and saw that the ''Other'' bar was taking WAY too much space in my storage when I barely have anything on it since I only use my Mac for my graphic design projects. After taking out some documents I didn't need, I saw that the ''other'' was still taking WAY too much space so I decided to go online and see how to get rid of some of it... After following the Internet's advice after a few articles I decided it was time for me to continue working on my projects and to my horror, I noticed I couldn't open a new document, the page we see when we open the applications is nowhere to be seen except for Indesign but in for it, it never loads... and finally for After Effects, it works but I can't create a new project... I'm panicking as I need to use these applications ASAP! If anyone has experienced this before and can help me, I'd be FOREVER thankful for your help!! I inserted images of what I see when I open the apps below. 

Thank you!!!!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. It looks like you have removed some important system files while cleaning up your mac. I agree with Doug here. Please remove the Adobe apps. You may use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to do so. Once done, please install the apps again. Please follow instructions on this help article for that. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by the 'other' bar, but can you uninstall and reinstall the software from the CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. It looks like you have removed some important system files while cleaning up your mac. I agree with Doug here. Please remove the Adobe apps. You may use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to do so. Once done, please install the apps again. Please follow instructions on this help article for that. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines