• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Number scrolling

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I turn off number scrolling in Illustrator?  Example: I open the properties palette, and type a number into the width window, now by scrolling I can increase or decrease that number. I want to turn that scrolling feature off. How do I do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, at the moment there is no setting to turn it off.

You may do a feature request on the Uservoice section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit Enter to confirm your number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ton, one can hit the Enter key or the Escape key, but as long as the cursor has the focus and hover above an input field, inadvertent settings by inadvertent mouse events may happen in undesirable ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kurt, where do I find the Uservoice section to request this?

I am doing some very technical drawings and I find I am having to fix alot of things. I am using a magic mouse and if  I bump the mouse at all sometimes even just trying to change the focus the numbers change and I have to do it again. And if it scrolls 30 numbers up or down I have to undo that many times to get back to where I was. I also looked to see if there was a way to turn the scroll feature off for my mouse but I can't see anything. Maybe I have to buy another type of mouse and request an off option for the scoll feature.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kurt, I use a trackpad or sometimes a tablet and enter (or escape) takes the focus away and I have to deliberatly  click to edit a numeric field. But maybe that's different with a mouse. I haven't used a mouse since we have cats 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It certainly depends on the device one is using, Ton.

Especially with the magic mouse it can be a real problem. The main issue is that changing values by scrolling does work even when the input fields are not activated. That is, when you move around the mouse traversing some input fields, it may happen that your yellow circle unintentionally gets red or turns into an oval, for example. Probably useful sometimes, but often undesired.

In Photoshop you can have a similar scrolling behaviour, but only if the input field is activated. Scrolling is disabled as soon as the input field is deactivated.

I agree that an option to turn it off or just enable it when input fields are activated would be useful in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines