• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object doesn't' display in SVG

Enthusiast ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed a book cover in Illustrator and exported a SVG image. Everything looks fine except for a SVG image I downloaded from Wikipedia. It displays in Illustrator but not in the SVG image.

How can I troubleshoot this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it really necessary to have it as an SVG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. In fact, all my book covers were originally jpg's. However, I've been converting them to SVG images because of the smaller file size and scalability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF or AI would be scalable as well and so much better suited for printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but my books are epubs, not paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. In order tosolve this, you would need toshow something. At least screenshot, but better yet the files.

In which application do they not show the elements? Abrowser? Illustrator itself? An ebook reader?

SVG support is flakey. So not seeing everything in your ebook reader has to be expected. But Illustrator as well might not be able toread every SVG construct. Even the ones it exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picture on the left is what the file looks like in Illustrator. The picture on the right illustrates what it looks like in my Mac finder and in Safari.

The missing files (Moxie Man) were downloaded from https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/df/Moxie_soda%2C_full_logo.svg

I also uploaded the Illustrator files.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird - I uploaded a .png and the Illustrator file, but I don't see either one in my browser. I hope you can see it on your end. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to investigate the code that you created when saving that SVG. And then find out which part of it Safari doesn't support. And then create the thing in a different way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have a clue about SVG code. I'll see if I can hire someone on Fiverr who knows how to do that kind of stuff.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not currently possible to upload Illustrator files to this forum It's necessary to provide a link to it through an entity such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Dropbox, etc.

Your png is attached and available (thank you), but it would be appreciated if in future you could attach images using the Insert Photos icon rather than the Insert/edit link.

tromboniator_0-1612410255720.pngMany of the helpers here do not wish to, or, indeed, will not download images from unknown sources.

Thanks,
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines