• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object > Repeat missing from AI 2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got done watching the excellent tutorial of Illustrator on MAX with Jason Hoppe. Even though I have been using AI my entire career, I learned some new things today!

https://www.adobe.com/max/2020/sessions/beginner-illustrator-part-1-basics-on-any-device-l6141a.html...

I was very excited to see there is a Repeat tool now which he shows at 22:30. But my Adobe Illustrator 2021 MacOS is completely up to date as of this morning and there is no Repeat option under my Object menu, or anywhere else for that matter. I looked everywhere and even searched under the Help menu.

What am I missing? Would love to use that new tool!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

It was in a beta he is using, but removed from the shipping version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was so excited to see the new repeat tool (Object | Repeat)

I verified I updated on my Windows 10 program and the repeat is not there.  I do have Version 25.0 on a Windows 10.  It is missing under Object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was in a beta he is using, but removed from the shipping version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ton, at least I can stop trying to find it. I wish he had indicated that. Looking forward to it in a future update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was included in the beta to make it compatible with the iPad version of Illustrator.

You can still open files from the iPad version with repeat objects, but not edit them now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am pleased to inform you that the Repeat feature is now available for the desktop version of Illustrator as well. Please check this link for more details.

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Om, 

I saw your post and as of 03/26/2021 I am showing up to date but still don't have this function. Any suggestions?

Ann Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann, do you have the latest version? It's been there since version 25.1, we're on 25.2 now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

As mentioned by Carlos, please reconfirm the Ai version used in your machine. This is available for sometime now.

Best,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello - I was the original poster of this question. I am on AI 25.2.1 and it is there in my menu under Object. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines