• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

object is not aligned perfectly. Can I use align panel?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there!

i've drawed those three hexagons and tryied to place like this. As you can see two of tops its perfectly aligned I used align panel. 

But last one in the bottom, I coudnt figure out how to align exactly by using align panel.. moreover, when i tried manually snapping it created wired tiny space (you might not able to see from this picture but its in diagonally top right (khaki) of last hexagon.

Happned even checked snap to pixcel and point under the View Menu!

Would be nice if I can use align panel to align third hexagon..so is that possible?

スクリーンショット 2020-08-20 17.39.40.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Ren,

Smart Guides (スマートガイド) are your friends, especially with Snap to Grid and Align to Pixel Grid / Pixel perfect art turned off. Have you tried them, (like that)?

One way to use Align is to:

1) ClickDrag with the Line Segment Tool along one of the lower aligned sides to snap to the corners (using Smart Guides),

2) Select both the line from 1) and the new hexagon and use the Top and Left/Right alignment.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ren,

Smart Guides (スマートガイド) are your friends, especially with Snap to Grid and Align to Pixel Grid / Pixel perfect art turned off. Have you tried them, (like that)?

One way to use Align is to:

1) ClickDrag with the Line Segment Tool along one of the lower aligned sides to snap to the corners (using Smart Guides),

2) Select both the line from 1) and the new hexagon and use the Top and Left/Right alignment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked! thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Ren.

But I still wonder: it should be possible to do it simply by deselecting the new hexagon and then ClickDragging it by the top Anchor Point to snap to the coinciding Anchor Points of the other two hecagons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes. I'd just thought that smart-grid is kind of manually? so professionals in the field doesn't prefer to use...but seemed it is! I will definetely rely on it from now on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines