Objects not appearing when saved as pdf

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what's going on and this is the third time this has happened to me and it's really bothering me how I can't fix this so if someone could that would be awesome. 

Whenever I save my file as a pdf, the actual content of the file doesn't appear. There are times when some of the stuff appears. In this particular file, only the color box and the text beside it appear when I save it as a pdf file but the actual logos don't.

Does anyone have a clue as to what this could be? I do have the latest update so I know it's not that.

Screenshot (33).png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 30, 2021
rcraighead Adobe Community Professional , Jan 30, 2021
I'm guessing there are more layers than the one showing. Are all layers set to "Print" in the Layer Options dialog? "Non-Print" layers will not appear in a PDF. The Layer name will appear in italic if "Print" if off. Double-click beside the Layer name to set options.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly which options do you select for the PDF?

Can you try and turn off "Save in background"?

What is it that does not appear? Text objects? Anything that you created in that session?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the logos were placed into Illustrator, as opposed to being drawn in Illustrator, it is possible that the logos are not linked properly. It is possible that Illustrator cannot find the original logo files. Check the Links panel to see if there is an exclamation mark or a question mark next to any of the logo files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing there are more layers than the one showing. Are all layers set to "Print" in the Layer Options dialog? "Non-Print" layers will not appear in a PDF.

rcraighead_0-1612059997626.png

The Layer name will appear in italic if "Print" if off. Double-click beside the Layer name to set options.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
echooing AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it appears that was the issue. Thank you ! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines