• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects not showing up outside of artboard when sharing with others

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I share an illustrator file with someone, they are unable to see any of the objects I place outside of the artboard (text notes, alternate designs, etc), but when I open that same file, the objects are still there. Is there some sort of setting that hides all objects outside the artboard? I'm using Illustrator v24.0.1

Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

And in addition to what Barbara said if people are not using the exact version of AI that you are using, then they may be accessing the PDF portion of the file which only has the artboard content and none of the stuff on the canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the View menu, Trim View will hide any objects outside the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also under the View menu, Presentation mode will hide objects outside the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in addition to what Barbara said if people are not using the exact version of AI that you are using, then they may be accessing the PDF portion of the file which only has the artboard content and none of the stuff on the canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I think the issue is. I'm not sure everyone on our team upgraded to the latest version. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Larry is on the right track, the Trim view and Presentation View are not saved with the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines