Highlighted

Objects on Illustrator move automatically when I try to select with Wacom Pen

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Illustrator 24.1.1 64-bit (Windows) and a new Wacom Cintiq 16 tablet. I like it a lot except one thing:

When I try to select an object by tapping with pen, 90% of the time the object gets dragged a miniscule distance. I can cntr-z and move it back, but this is a real pain and slows my workflow. I can selet with mouse and when I click it doesn't drag. However with the pen, the instant that you tap something it is ready to move. I don't have the steadiness of a neurosurgeon.

Any help?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Draw and design, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Objects on Illustrator move automatically when I try to select with Wacom Pen

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Illustrator 24.1.1 64-bit (Windows) and a new Wacom Cintiq 16 tablet. I like it a lot except one thing:

When I try to select an object by tapping with pen, 90% of the time the object gets dragged a miniscule distance. I can cntr-z and move it back, but this is a real pain and slows my workflow. I can selet with mouse and when I click it doesn't drag. However with the pen, the instant that you tap something it is ready to move. I don't have the steadiness of a neurosurgeon.

Any help?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Draw and design, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. If I get it correctly there are 2 issues.

1. Unable to move objects with Mouse.
  2. When you select objects with Pen, they get moved automatically.

I am hopeful that these issues were fixed. If not, please try resetting Illustrator preferences and let us know how it goes:

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders.old
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.
    Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders. 

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0
Basslice LATEST
New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I think I didn't explain well.  I can select objects with the mouse pointer or pen. (1) the mouse pointer works fine. (2) The problem is that as I select with the pen, the object moves slightly as soon as I touch it. Sometimes I just want to select an object to modify it, not to move it. I am begining to suspect this is just how it is to work with a pen. Not a great feature.

Basslice

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020 0