• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd artifact on Double Porter Font

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating some packaging design, much the same as I have in illustrator before.  In fact this is a rework of an older packaging file we've used before. I'm using a font called Double Porter 4.  However, there is an odd artifact on the letters "U" "D" and "O".  It only occurs when the font is larger than a 11pt.  We've been using this font for years and this has never happened before.  Here's what I've tried:

• converting the font to outlined and using various tool to try to remove it.  It isn't selectable,
  • deleteing the font from my system and re-installing... no luck
  • deleting illustrator preferences... also no luck
  • deleting and re-installing illustrator... still no luck
  • stepping back several versions... nope
  • exporting the file, using another vector editing app.  (when I opened it in this app it was not showing the artifact so I exported it as an svg file, imported it back into illustrator and copied and pasted it into the file.  however the artifact returned as soon as I saved)

I've looked at the same font on several different applications such as Word, Keynote, Pages and nothing shows up here so I'm assuming it's not a system issue.

I'm honestly at a lose and open to suggestions.

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

New hardware? May just be a rendering problem - Ctrl-E - swaps back and forth between GPU & CPU preview options...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New hardware? May just be a rendering problem - Ctrl-E - swaps back and forth between GPU & CPU preview options...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines