• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd color and transparency behavior - possible glitch

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a personal logo and created a simple vector object in Illustrator that I then applied a color and a transparency to.

Everything was working fine until I slid it up to another layer to be in position on top of other art. In this process, it lost its transparency YET --  the palette still indicated that the transparency was applied. Attempting to adjust or reapply also fails. I deleted the color to reapply and rework, but - the color remains in the object even though the palette clearly indicates I have no color selected for this object.

Anyone wanting to troubleshoot this, please see the attached .pdf file with illustrator layers which contains only the offending little piece of artwork. Curious to see how it displays/behaves on someone else's machine.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

I expnded the appearance and it is now behaving properly - however, all I had done was to merge the art in pathfinder and this was prior to the original application of transparency and color. Any insight into what may have transpired would be appreciated..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I am on a PC - most current version of Illustrator (updated today) - 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expnded the appearance and it is now behaving properly - however, all I had done was to merge the art in pathfinder and this was prior to the original application of transparency and color. Any insight into what may have transpired would be appreciated..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a yellow fill applied at the layer level that overwrites the attributes at the object level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sliding the object from bottom to top layer, how could I have prevented this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without expanding the appearance, I could not edit fill color or transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines