Highlighted

offset path

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make uv light  effect in illustrator, but the offset path is not working. I did it -10mm but i didn't see the text line changes. The size was the same. 

Why i have this problem?

I hope somebody could help me to solve it.

Thanks

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

offset path

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make uv light  effect in illustrator, but the offset path is not working. I did it -10mm but i didn't see the text line changes. The size was the same. 

Why i have this problem?

I hope somebody could help me to solve it.

Thanks

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are attempting to use Object menu > Path > Offset Path on live type you will get no result because live type is not a path. If you outline the type (Type menu > Create Outlines), the type will become paths, and the offset will work. On the other hand, if you want to maintain live type you could try the Effect menu > Path > Offset Path and see if that does what you need.

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0