Highlighted

OK, this one has me a little baffled

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Situation: I create a .tif file with Illustrator CS4 on a Mac Pro Late 2013 with 10.12.

I export it, named sid.tif, to the Desktop. Then try to open it in Illustrator. And I get the following error:

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 10.39.09 AM.png

What I've tried:

sid.tif opens in Photoshop and other Adobe products

Ran disk utility (SSD)

Uninstalled Illustrator, reinstalled, rebooted

Created new logon profile and created a whole new .tif, still same issue

This is a little tough. Not sure what to do.

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

OK, this one has me a little baffled

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Situation: I create a .tif file with Illustrator CS4 on a Mac Pro Late 2013 with 10.12.

I export it, named sid.tif, to the Desktop. Then try to open it in Illustrator. And I get the following error:

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 10.39.09 AM.png

What I've tried:

sid.tif opens in Photoshop and other Adobe products

Ran disk utility (SSD)

Uninstalled Illustrator, reinstalled, rebooted

Created new logon profile and created a whole new .tif, still same issue

This is a little tough. Not sure what to do.

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you create a new Illustrator file and choose File > Place to place the image instead of open it?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even get to that point. The file is just greyed out when I go to select it. Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 11.03.19 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you can open it in Photoshop, try doing a Save As there and save it with a new name. You're on a Mac, so you can also try File > Export from Preview.

What version of PS do you have? The panel name is in all caps, and that was a long time ago.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is because you run museum software on a system that is too new: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/i-can-t-place-psd-and-tif-files-on-illustrator-cs4/td-p/9...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thanks a ton. 

We like museums. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Museums are cool, I like them as well. But then keep a museum system for them to run on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines