• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old color scheme appearing in PDF

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a strange one. I have an InDesign document that was created years ago. Our company went through a rebrand so I revamped the entire thing, new layout and new color scheme. The graphics are all graphs that are linked from Illustrator documents. They were updated to the new color scheme. The problem is that in both Illustrator and InDesign they are appearing with the correct color scheme, when I "Save as a PDF" the old color scheme appears. 

In InDesign the old colors are showing as swatches that can not be deleted.  When I try to find in the document they are listed as in the Illustrator files. I reopen in Illustrator and see absolutely no sign of the color in either the illustration or in the swatches. I have tried copying the Illustrator files into new illustrator documents with new names, they still hold the old color scheme.
Any help in trying to get rid of an old color scheme? I feel like there is a setting or tool that I am not familiar with that just needs to be messed with to fix. This one is stumping me.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update: I just tried saving an illustration as a PDF to link in the InDesign. The PDF opens as the correct color scheme but when put into InDesign and PDFed the old colors still appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you overwriting the old file?

are we talking about two files? The AI file and a PDF? Or just one file that has both?

Where are you saving? On a network?

Can you try and disable the "Save in background" setting in the Preferences.

Then save the file not overwriting the old file, but creating a new one.

Here's how Illustrator files work:

https://youtu.be/IpDh8Y7q8yE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a solution. If I export as TIFs the correct color appears. I would still love to know how to fix the issue since my solution is just a workaround and not really a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines