• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Older version of Illustrator Free

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had downloaded Illustrator CS3, early last year when it was free and purchased the photography Photoshop as well. Today... I dont know what my thirteen year old daughter did but she deleted every program on my laptop while she was in virtual school. HOW? Because she has no clue. Ive searched for HOURS trying to redownload it or whatever version thats available and free. I reached out to support who states its never been free. CS is not free (even though I saw it but it would not download, and reroutes you to do the latest version). Im so frustrated and for what I do with it... 20.99 a month is ridicules. I just convert things to SVGs which takes seconds to do and Im done. It doesnt justify it. Does anyone know if there is still a free version or if I can download the other one  again? There wasnt a download option in history and I read it was going away... so ridicules.  Please please help me. Adobe customer service was terrible! He had no clue about anything except to keep pushing for me for sells. 

Thank you! 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

I'm so sorry. But unfortunately the Adobe service is correct.

There was never a free version - neither CS 2 nor CS 3.

In addition, the activation servers for these versions are switched off. The programs of these versions can still be installed from a data carrier, but can no longer be activated. Support for these versions has expired.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. In addition to responses given earlier, I'd recommend checking out this help article to know more about our software support policy.

Adobe CS3 apps are no longer available for download or supported. Please upgrade to the latest version to use them. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was never free. That's right. Only scammers and pirates offer it as free. I am afraid you were tricked by someone into running illegal software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry. But unfortunately the Adobe service is correct.

There was never a free version - neither CS 2 nor CS 3.

In addition, the activation servers for these versions are switched off. The programs of these versions can still be installed from a data carrier, but can no longer be activated. Support for these versions has expired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. In addition to responses given earlier, I'd recommend checking out this help article to know more about our software support policy.

Adobe CS3 apps are no longer available for download or supported. Please upgrade to the latest version to use them. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only “free” downloads were for people who already owned CS3 licenses and needed a version that did not need online activation. It was just to keep their paid software going, not to provide free software to new users.

If you used it only to convert SVG, there are a number of other Illustrator-like options that are inexpensive, such as Affinity Designer, or Inkscape (free).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines