Highlighted

Opacity level not displaying correctly in options bar.

Contributor ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I am learning Ilustrator 2020 on an iMac. I placed a reference image on the artboard, and reduced the opacity to 50%. After saving and closing the file, I re-reopened it. The image was still at 50% opacity, but the options bar showed it as 100% opacity. I want it to always show as 50%, until I change it to a defifferent opacity, so that I can see exactly what is happening, and change the opacity again if I wish. Can anyone advise me how to keep the opacity showing as I originally set it, rather than, as in this case, showing it at 100%, when in fact it is actually at 50%?

Thanks for any advice.

Thanks for your response.

I think the problem is resolved. The image opens at 100%, but, as you suggested, when I actually select it, the opacity reverted to 50%, which was the correct opacity. I am just getting used to Illustrator, so I was not used to how it functions. Very useful tip. Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Opacity level not displaying correctly in options bar.

Contributor ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I am learning Ilustrator 2020 on an iMac. I placed a reference image on the artboard, and reduced the opacity to 50%. After saving and closing the file, I re-reopened it. The image was still at 50% opacity, but the options bar showed it as 100% opacity. I want it to always show as 50%, until I change it to a defifferent opacity, so that I can see exactly what is happening, and change the opacity again if I wish. Can anyone advise me how to keep the opacity showing as I originally set it, rather than, as in this case, showing it at 100%, when in fact it is actually at 50%?

Thanks for any advice.

I think the problem is resolved. The image opens at 100%, but, as you suggested, when I actually select it, the opacity reverted to 50%, which was the correct opacity. I am just getting used to Illustrator, so I was not used to how it functions. Very useful tip. Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

toymaker,

Are you seeing the 100% when the image is selected (or if the setting is for the Layer/Group/whatever holding the image is selected)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, toymaker.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 0
Resources