Opacity Mask not working - Illustrator Latest Update 1.26.2021 Today's Date

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've been doing Opacity Masks for a long time. I know how they work pretty well. I noticed that I can't adjust the gradient anymore. It always allowed me to adjust in the gradient panel but now it won't. 

hannahc36401784_0-1611683265486.pnghannahc36401784_1-1611683298572.pnghannahc36401784_2-1611683318133.png

As you can see I have the proper layer selected and when I try to move around/adjust the gradient then it doesn't apply...it doesn't work. It should look like there is less of the image showing of course but as you can see in the image...nothing changes. ( I have the proper layer selected.) I tried everything, closing Ai restarting my computer...thanks for the new update that...doesn't work lol halp

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Performance, Tools

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021
Hi there,   Sorry to hear about your experience. Monika is absolutely correct. You may also upvote Adobe Illustrator UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42412372-opacit...) & add your comment to stay updated about the fix. We appreciate your patience.   Regards, Ashutosh

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There currently is an issue with opacity masks.

If you go into outline mode and then back to preview you should get the updated view of the mask.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue (opacity mask changes not updating without toggling cmd+y), I hope this bug gets resolved soon. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Monika is absolutely correct. You may also upvote Adobe Illustrator UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42412372-opacit...) & add your comment to stay updated about the fix.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines