• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opacity settings won't go back to 100%

Enthusiast ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CS6 I have shapes I've made transparent in the past and maybe applied Multiply Mode. But in the Transparency window it shows/says it's Normal Mode/100% - which clearly isn't the case, so there's no way to change it. How do I return it to Normal/100% - which currently I cannot? Nothing I try works & at the moment, the only solution is to recreate these shapes anew! Might anyone have an idea on how to "unfreeze" this past opacity change so I can see it's true values - & - change it? Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

i think when you make transparent objects, and group them, the transparent will be 100% for the group. you have to ungroup first.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi karenf1​,

there are so much possibilities to do that. That's why show us a screenshot please.

Open the layers palette

open the appearance palette

open the transparency palette

select your object/path/shape and show us the screenshot including all three palettes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I have a similar issue. My strike should be black not grey. I have changed the color to check and I'm pretty sure it's a problem of opacity.  Here is a screen capture.  Do you see what's wrong ? 

Thanks, 

Johanna. 

capture_illu.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just moved all the folders from "calque 2" to an other new layer and my strike are black now, yes ! But I still don't know why "calque 2" hasn't a full opacity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your calque 2 has a gray filled circle next to its name in your layers panel.

Click the gray circle and go to the Aspect panel.

You will see the opacity applied to the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, @Ton Frederiks! That was a few levels further down than I usually go. Valuable info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the appearance panel. Maybe the opacity/blend mode is applied to the fill only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the eyedropper on something with 100% opacity - I was able to "reset" the color - and therefore have a baseline of 100% opacity/normal, to change the shapes to the opacity/blend mode I needed.

But I will use these recommendations to go back & reproduce the problem so I can figure out what caused this to happen.

I'll report back - but SO MANY thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think when you make transparent objects, and group them, the transparent will be 100% for the group. you have to ungroup first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may have been the problem! The objects were grouped. many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. That's not the problem.

You can use the transparency on layers or groups or page items or any path items. See what the appearance panel shows you while selecting the layer(s) or group(s) or page item(s) or path item(s).

That's why it would be better to see a screenshot. But without - it's only a shot into dark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you didn't check karenf1  answer, (The objects were grouped) and it solved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it.

But although the path items are grouped - that's not the problem.

And it is not required to ungroup the group.

See this screenshot  and make the same: click on the small filled circle in the layers panel (the direct way) and see what the apearance panel shows.

appearancePanel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh yes, i got what you mean.

then we can even ungroup the objects and change the opacity.

or direct selection tool to change the opacity for object within the group/

or as your way, no need to ungroup, and go through the layers.....

the main problem with her was the objects were grouped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok the main "problem" in this thread was the objects are grouped. We are still the same opinion.

But it's never a problem if objects are grouped.

Select the group with the selection tool or the "group selection tool".

Identify the group in the layers palette (magnifying glass icon = search object will help you) and look for the path with a filled circle in the palette. Click on this circle and you will select this objekt and see what properties are used for this object. (Sorry for my bad english, I hope you will understand what I mean.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem with her is not that the objects are grouped, the problem was she made a transparency and Transparency panel shows/says it's Normal Mode/100%

i understand the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we agreed the same point!

once any one got the point, he can solve it in many ways.

thank you

i understand what you mean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i must complete my sentence,

the main problem with her was the objects were grouped! thats why the opacity appears 100% in the transparency panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/manal+shanableh  schrieb

i must complete my sentence,

the main problem with her was the objects were grouped!  /*And the group was selected - and not the object itself*/ thats why the opacity appears 100% in the transparency panel.

full ack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now we are completely understand each other our english is good don't worry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem that she is grouped the transparent objects, when you select the the group, the opacity will be 100% (for the group). but objects inside the group have opacities.

when ungroup the object you can change the opacity to 100% for each object.

also you can change it from appearance panel for sure.

but ungroup the objects and change each one, or use group selection tool to select the transparent object within the group.

Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 1.24.01 AM.png

* grouped transparent objects, the opacity 100% for the group in general not for the items inside the group as individual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg thank you!  that was driving me nuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had that problem and I copied and pasted the object into a new document, then copied that into my current document in a new layer. That probably isn't the correct way to do it but it got the job done for me👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines