Highlighted

Opaque lines from background layers

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! 

When I opened up my project this morning, I noticed that there were these opaque lines from background layers showing through the illustration. It was working fine last night. So I am not sure what happened. What is also weird is that the outlines from the background layers don't bleed through for all of the background layers (ie: cat body) 

Last night

20200909_112828.jpg

Today

received_324570365457364.png

Topics

Bug, Draw and design, How to, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Opaque lines from background layers

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! 

When I opened up my project this morning, I noticed that there were these opaque lines from background layers showing through the illustration. It was working fine last night. So I am not sure what happened. What is also weird is that the outlines from the background layers don't bleed through for all of the background layers (ie: cat body) 

Last night

20200909_112828.jpg

Today

received_324570365457364.png

Topics

Bug, Draw and design, How to, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Can you share a sample .ai file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your fast reply! 

I am using 24.0.2 (64-bit). 

I discovered while trying to make you an .ai file that the lines disappear if I just copy the illustration and then paste it into a new layer. I am not sure what happened or why that worked.... 

I am happy that it worked though 😅

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could check out the layers panel and see if the target symbol (the circle) of the problem layer looks differently than the target symbols of the other layers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<deleted>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines