Exit

Open CC files and Draw .ai files direct from Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the best feature that would help lots of users using 100% .ai files 

is to have the possibility to download the ai file made with adobe Draw

DIRECTLY from the starting page of Illustrator. (why not other apps also ?) 

Also good thing would be to let the .ai Draw files available for download through https://assets.adobe.com/files

(just bitmap available !!!! )

I have experienced problems with the command "open with illustrator desktop program" today;

and I was unable to edit my work - I am not joking - Adobe should open up some closed doors !

Best

Vincent

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

I was delighted to use Fresco, but losing layer structure is like

crushing hours of organised work; turning preparation for illustrator into a vectors soup !.

it is great to think about future, but why not considering present time also ? Are we pushed to see only what's next instead of seeing present time smartly ? Do Adobe consider gaps between now and future or do they not, wishing customers to cope with those unbelievable gaps ? Does Adobe is still the future ?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback. I will pass it on to our product team but I would still suggest posting it on our UserVoice page (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/) and paste the link here so that other users can also upvote that.

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

For the last issue (Opening files in Illustrator desktop app), could you please provide a few more details like:

• Device you are using for Adobe Draw.
  • Did the file open in Illustrator?
  • What happened when you tried to edit that?
  • Which OS and version of Illustrator you are working on?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use illustrator CC 2020 on win10

Ipad Pro 10.5 2 years aged

> After 24h of failure ... I succedded to sent my draw file as ai into illustrator

This system is not reliable :

- opening the files from draw one by one is just cumbersome

- Accessing my own work is just puzzling, 

I understand that Adobe wants to terminate Draw; and pushing Fresco.

I am working in 100% FULL VECTOR and Fresco is just bitmap thing

so Adobe is keeping MY ARTWORK in jail ! 

It is bizarre that illustrator CC 2017 was providing the link to our work

as descibed here https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/finding-and-opening-adobe-draw-files-in-illustrator-cc/td...

Why stopping this ? Why ? It just remove the advantage of using adobe.... 

Best

Vincent 

PS: I think this is the last year for me with adobe formula

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fresco can also do vector drawings. Or mix vector and pixel.

At the moment you can only export it as PDF, so the layer structure gets lost. But you will keep all vector paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I knew,what you write to me;

" so the layer structure gets lost "

this is exactly why i don't use fresco !!!!

I can't understand why Adobe don't enable links between from illustrator
to CC and Draw; Adobe did it on CC2017 ? this is regression;

Vincent Langlard
personal details removed by moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can post this on http://illustrator.uservoice.com (which is what developers read)

Or contact the Fresco team to ask for an AI export (which is more likely to happen, because Fresco is the future)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was delighted to use Fresco, but losing layer structure is like

crushing hours of organised work; turning preparation for illustrator into a vectors soup !.

it is great to think about future, but why not considering present time also ? Are we pushed to see only what's next instead of seeing present time smartly ? Do Adobe consider gaps between now and future or do they not, wishing customers to cope with those unbelievable gaps ? Does Adobe is still the future ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, because I have the same problem.

But I am not Adobe staff. Neither is 95% of this forum. So posting here won't get you anywhere.

You can still send your projects from Adobe Draw to Illustrator 2020. And then all we can do is wait until Fresco has an AI export option.

But please do also tell the developers: there is a Fresco forum, they are on Twitter and you can send Feedback from within the app. Tell them you need it.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/fresco/bd-p/Fresco?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

Fresco already has some more advanced vector brushes than Draw has, it's a cool app and worth trying out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will look into Fresco, but I hear you that it is not vector after you upload it. 

I will trqce it with the curvature tool and apply brushes to it to create depth or use Astute Graphics plug inn!

chana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines