Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open File - Can't see document, window/tab missing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version of Illustrator (Mac)

I am a long time user of Illustrator but i have never had this issue before.

When i open a file I can see the layers window, etc but not the actual file.
There is no window or tab for the file, just the recent files window. I can actually double click the screen and i get an isolated view but can't see anything change but the layers window.If i close Illustrator and reopen the file it shows up fine.
Not a huge issue at all but just wanted to see if someone else had this problem and whether it was related to the recent files window or something else.
Since updating to 22.1 last week i have all kinds of graphics card and/or display issues. The beta 22.0.2 worked great and i should have stuck with it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

I have something similar, when I open AI first time, and click on a recent document to open – sometimes I don't see any tabs or the actual documents.  I have to go to 'Window', 'Arrange' and chnage the mode to 'Flaot in windows' to see the documents.  Then I have to 'Consilidate all in windows' to get back to a tabbed arrangement.  Never had it before.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even when I 'arrange' > 'float in window' this does not solve the problem as everyone has already stated.

I then choose 'consolidate all windows' and this brings me right back to the original problem, all my windows disappear again. Has this happened to anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are extremely sorry about this. As I mentioned above, I've forwarded it to the product team. I'd also request you and others to upvote this issue here: files not opening – Adobe Illustrator Feedback. Please stay tuned for updates, and thanks in advance for your patience.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1033868_Adobe Illustrator CC 2015.3ss_007.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just update to 2020 yesterday and still see the problem.

Float in Window partly work because it shows the working area but when try to dock it back to the UI, it disappeared again! Adobe, are you sure you are fixing this? it seems like your latest version just makes it worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

View/CPU preview 

Try this, it's work for me. wishes you luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it's 2022 and this issue persists (:

Not a big deal, but kind of annoying when it happens two or three times on a single day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines