Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening 2 or more files in MacOS Big Sur - Big red

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I am an apple developer and I installed Big Sur beta (now on version 3) for work. I run into a problem with Illustrator that other people are not seeing. If I open one file everything is OK. When opening two or more files, I get a really nasty visual problem, with Illustror only. See file attached. Is anybody else having this problem, is there a way to fix it? I reinstalled Illustrator and it keeps happening. 

Thanks for your answers. 

Gus

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

What makes you think that the current version should work on a beta OS version?

This is a user forum.

Please mention it here where the Illustrator developers are watching the posts: https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What makes you think that the current version should work on a beta OS version?

This is a user forum.

Please mention it here where the Illustrator developers are watching the posts: https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sending me to the right place. I am sorry I didn't know about that link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Sur is currently in early beta.

I would celebrate apps that run at all.

Please report any bugs in Uservoice as that is where the developers read. They will appreciate your feedback.

http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm also having the same problem, but in my case the screen is black, try to uninstall and install, but the same thing continues, hopefully the problem can be fixed soon Greetings and thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot expect Illustrator to be fully compatible before Big Sur is finally released.

You can of course apply to the Illustrator Prerelease, help in beta testing and in turn receive prerelease versions that might (!) perhaps (!) run better on Big Sur.

But don't expect to be able to run Illustrator reliably in production environments when everything is beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I agree with the suggestions shared above. MacOS Big Sur is an early beta. It is still in testing phase. I would suggest if you could upvote this issue here (illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-) and roll back to the MacOS Catalina.

This way you'll keep getting all the updates related to this issue.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, with BETA 4 the probleme is fiexed!

Thanks for everithing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines