• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening DWG files - double information if you have 2 viewports in layout

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening the 2010 version of DWG, if you have two viewports on your layout such as below:

constantinea14022547_0-1602227136750.png

and when you open this 2010 version of DWG, specifying your layout view, you will somehow get double information in your illustrator like below:

constantinea14022547_1-1602228911099.png

This is 100% reproducible. May I please ask if there's a solution to this? Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If I get it correctly, you are opening DWG file in Illustrator and your artwork is not showing properly. I am not completely familiar with CAD files, however, I may take a look and share it with the Product team if required.

Please share a sample DWG file and video of the workflow if possible. This will help us understand the issue and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no problem. Here's the DWG file.

link to onedrive 

Or if you have autocad, you can simply start a new drawing, draw 2 shapes next to each other. In your layout tab, put two viewports next to each other. Each viewport shows 1 shape. Save your file as 2010 version (or anything below 2010). Open this DWG file in illustrator and select open layout1, then you will have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have experienced the same, and couldn't get my head around the issue and the logic behind it. 

The issue is that illustrator doesn't respect the viewport crop so it gives you the lines from the modelspace relativ to the viewport for each viewport. This is a very annoying error. will this be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines