• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening file in Illustrator giving "Error: 139468963, suite: AI User Suite, version: 12!

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Illustrator to version 24.1.3 on 6/16/20 and now I cannot open files. I receive this error message: "Error: 139468963, suite: AI User Suite, version: 12!". I tried uninstalling AI and reinstalling, and no luck. Please help.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

My fix for now is this: I have uninstalled AI 2020 and will have to have my coworkers save everything as a legacy file so that I can open it in 2019 without issue. I also need 2019 for the cutting device I run, so maybe this is the best fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Illustratorforum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Illustrator launches completely but the file doesn't work?

Do you have any plugins installed?

Is a printer installed, set up as default printer and turned on? If not, try and install a PDF printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (5).png

No, Illustrator does not launch at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like version 24.2

Did you reset the preferences when updating?

What is installed in the system? Any plugins running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is version 24.2, sorry. I don't know how? Also, at this point I have tried uninstalling and re-installing 24.2 and still receive the error message. I don't know how to reset the preferences as it won't even let me open it up. Yes, I do have one Plug-in, Cutting Master 4, for a Graphtec die-cut plotter. I tried calling Adobe Support and was on hold for 40 MINUTEs BEFORE THEY HUNG UP ON ME! Please walk me through the steps if you can?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have ONYX for printing to a large-format hp printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 2 icons for AI in your taskbar. Have uninstalled the older version? Then tried to reinstall the newer version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot uninstall the 2019 version as I need it for a die-cut plotter (Graphtec; the Plug-in is Cutting Master 4) I run. The plotter software plug-in has not been updated to allow it to run on Illustrator 2020.

UPDATE: I was able to open an Illustrator CC Legacy file through the "back door". I saved the file as a legacy version on another desktop and was able to go to the file on an internal network and "Open with" --> Illustrator 2020. Then I can open any files once that initial file is open. Another thing to note: on the other desktop, signed in as the same user for the Adobe CC account, I was able to open and edit, etc. all files in 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is really unusual. I would request if you can try the following steps and share your observation:  

1. Reset Preferences:  

-Close all Adobe applications.  

-Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  

-Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old  

-Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.  

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.  

1. If that doesn't help, try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the Illustrator.

If it does not work out, please use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove existing installation and install a fresh copy. Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (12).png

See screenshot. Location...user/AppData... does not exist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to enable "Hidden Items" under View menu in Windows Explorer. Screenshot is attached for your reference:

Screenshot_31.png

Hope it helps. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (13).png

With "hidden items" checked, I cannot see any Illustrator or Illustrator 24 folders...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, for anyone else following this thread... my Microsoft user information was updated this morning (I'm a new employee)... could that have something to do with it? I know Google and Adobe have issues when switching between users...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to find some "Adobe folders" (C:\Users\color\AppData\Roaming\Adobe) and changed the filenames as suggested. I then opened the updated version and received the same error message as before (Error: 139468963, suite: AI User Suite, version: 12!). After closing all windows, I then get another error message that reads: "Error: 139468963, suite: AI Real Math Suite, version: 3!".  I would go ahead and move on to the second suggested step, since this doesn't seem to be working, however I don't know how to backup my plug-ins so cannot run the CC cleaner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (14).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My fix for now is this: I have uninstalled AI 2020 and will have to have my coworkers save everything as a legacy file so that I can open it in 2019 without issue. I also need 2019 for the cutting device I run, so maybe this is the best fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines