• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening the Illustrator file but can't edit it again

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont know whether this issue has happened to others before, but recently i just finished designing and saved the file properly. however the next day i try to open it again there are no layers, but only 1 layer named "<Image>". how? is it corrupted already?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you export the artwork to some raster format?
Are you sure that you didn't open the the exported image instead of the original .AI file? It happens sometimes during fast work that we don't pay attention to file extensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i exported it in PNG file. and yep i opened the original .AI file. the only thing i did was exporting it in 72ppi from original 300ppi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you please share the file or at least show a screenshot of current file condition? It's hard to say anything specific without seeing the subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020-11-14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like if your raster image has replaced your vector original. Does Links panel say anything? Did you do anything with Rasterize command?

if possible, share please the original file (put to any file hosting, e.g. Google disk, and give a link here)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you get a warning about replacing your file while saving?

It could be that you opened your export, tried to save it and replaced the original.

Hope you have a backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines