Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening vector on Iphone

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to open vector files on my iphone...how do I do that? (Just open and view, don't need to manipulate)

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save the file as a Photoshop PDF, then open the PDF on your iPhone in a PDF viewer. (That assumes you created the vector image in Photoshop using the vector tools).  Else save it as a PDF from whichever application you've used, you can also save it as a SVG if that's an available export/saving format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't help. I receive files in ai and eps that I need to view when on the road before I forward them on. Need to view in the format sent to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download the Creative Cloud app for iOS, drop the AI file into Creative Cloud folder from desktop computer, and you'll be able to preview the file and forward/link to msg from the Creative Cloud app on your phone.

[moderator note] Moved to Illustrator (vector) forum from Photoshop General forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, OK I have put CC on the phone but how do I get he attachment (in an email) to it to see it?

Saving it to photos doesn't seem to work...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You send a LINK in an email and the person at the other end should be able to download the actual file in that case as far as I'm aware.

1. Locate the AI file, and tap
  2. Tap on Copy Link
  3. Then Compile the email and Paste the link into the email

IMG_5854.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thank you Cari - but the whole point of this is so I can view on my phone BEFORE I forward to somebody. Its for when I'm on the road (not at my desk) and need to check it before sending on. Thus my original question can I open vector files on my iphone??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still use the Creative Cloud folders workflow it has full collaborative support, and you don't need to be the person who drops the AI file into a folder and shares it initially.

See also: Collaborate on folders and libraries from Creative Cloud account

and : Sync and share files and folders with collaborators |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are the person with the file and you are on an iPhone, then you aren't on your desktop to do any dropping. I too need to know how to view a local to the iPhone ai file while on that same iPhone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a PDF embedded in the AI file, then you can use a PDF viewer to open it (preferably Acrobat, because anything else cannot be trusted)

If there is no PDF embedded, then you can't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can do it even if there's no PDF.

As said earlier, download the creative cloud app and then, find your AI files in the files app and click the share button ! In the list of actions, you should find creative cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a useless comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

duncanc5868268  Hello, were you ever able to get a definitive answer on this? I am trying to do the same thing, and if you have figured it out I’d like to just do whatever you did rather than go through the steps that weren’t helpful to you. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still a bit long wounded but works....

1. install Adobe Creative Cloud on the App Store
  2. tap on email attachment
  3. select copy to Adobe CC app
  4. download to app
  5. view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an amazingly easy solution / tweak

1. Tap that ai file to open

2. It will open up the Share Sheet

3. Tap Print

4. Pinch to zoom that file to preview

So Simple!!

Or if you want to use app Documents by Readdle allows you to preview Ai files !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic..its working easily! Thanks @nunit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yayyy thank you. That works well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the best.. after that we can copy the pdf to acrobat reader too! Thanks.. no need to download any app for preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great! Way better option than having the CC app on your phone harvesting your data with no real benefit to illustrator users. Nice work figuring this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fantastic! The Adobe cloud app doesn't even show up as a share solution for illustrator files which is a real bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@edwinallan  schrieb:

This is fantastic! The Adobe cloud app doesn't even show up as a share solution for illustrator files which is a real bummer.

Can you perhaps elaborate exactly which Cloud app you want to see where in the options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn’t get the adobe creative cloud app to allow me to view my AI files that I received through email. I couldn’t even get it to save the files from email. However, I have the Dropbox app on my phone and when you upload to it, you can preview AI files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines