Optical Kerning bug in IL 25.3.1

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to optical kerning in last Illustrator update (v 25.3.1)? The space between words its almost completely gone... very frustrating. I'm attaching a before and after video...

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not experiencing that issue. Does it happen with all fonts or just the one in the video? 

There is a message that the type was created in a previous version of Illustrator. If the type is from a very old version of Illustrator the type engine may havae changed and you may need to retype the text.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply. The text of the video was originally created in IL v. 25.3... This problem its happening to a lot of my fonts, but not to all. The space between words its almost completely gone in Optical Kerning as you can see em the attached image. I think its a bug from the last update, never seen this happen before (I always use Optical kerning in my layouts).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines