• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimize File Open and Save Time on Slow Networks(Beta)

Participant ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, the illustrator cc2019 and 2020 versions have been updated, and it is found that the "optimize file open and save time on slow networks (beta)" function has been added to the software. The literal explanation is not very clear about its purpose, and the official website does not explain in detail. Now, do you know the function? I want to know what is the main purpose of this function? What is the difference between enabling and not enabling? Will the original file content be affected if enabled?AI 2020.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-16 at 10.00.43.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know this.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, am interested in an answer to this. Only saw one other mention and it was about a possible bug using this option.

What is Illustrator doing or not doing when this is used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes very interested to know what this is actually doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

When enabled, this feature reduces the time taken to save a file on the network. This would not have any effect on the original file content. 

You can also check the time difference by enabling or disabling it while saving on a network drive. Hope this helps. 

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Om, I think what the posters here want to know is how it does this, and in what way it differs from saving normally.

Think of it in reverse; if this feature was 'always on', and Illustrator had a checkbox that said 'Tick this to increase file save time on networks', why would you ever tick it unless there was some other tradeoff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a perfect opportunity to have a check box for "don't ask me again".

How does Adobe greenlight features that have little to no explanation anywhere online and expect users to understand the implications if any? "No thanks" is the safe route and don't ask me again is even safer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also notice this new function open my file via network. Also agreed with Doug_A_Roberts. Has anyone encounter any bug using this feature yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late to the party here, but I'm wondering what the downside(s) to enabling this option might be? Seems like there must be at least one or it wouldn't be an "option" right? It would just be ON?

Did anyone give it a go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cksteiner  schrieb:

Late to the party here, but I'm wondering what the downside(s) to enabling this option might be? Seems like there must be at least one or it wouldn't be an "option" right? It would just be ON?

Did anyone give it a go?

Directly working on a network is a downside in itself.

https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So as I can find out it looks like, when activated, to compensate for lag, speed variations and dropouts AI will save a temporary file somewhere on your PC. Presumably that file will be copied over the network. I would like to find out where that temp file resides just to keep an eye on whether it does finally get deleted when it ought to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @default407ad3fng3cv,

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry for the delayed response. You should be able to find the temporary files at the following locations:

For macOS: /private/var/folders/

For Windows: C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Temp

Or you can type in %temp% in the Run window.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines