• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Options Bar

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the newer versions of Illustrator replace the options bar with the properties palette? I am missing the options bar!

Thanks for any help with this.

Susan

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Another guess: Basically, the Control palette can be docked to top or bottom of the screen. It's a setting in the Control palette menu.

Perhaps it is set to display at the bottom, but possibly hidden behind some other operating system bar (e.g. the Dock on Mac OS). At least you may check that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you perhaps looking for the Control panel or bar at the top of the window? Go to the Window menu and select Control:

tromboniator_0-1604906559164.png

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thanks for looking into this issue. I wish that was the answer but nope! Also, Adobe keeps needing to be restarted when I go back to it after a lengthy pause in activity, like in the morning when I wake up my iMac. Any ideas on that?

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will need to describe in more detail what you mean by 'options bar' if it isn't the control bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bar along the top that hosts the tool options or adjustments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the Control bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Doug, I guess now it is called the control bar ( I think it once was called the options bar—been using Adobe for many years), it is not there even when I check window > control.  Using an iMac.

This is from helpx.adobe site:

• The Control panel displays options for the currently selected object.

I still can't make this panel appear along the top as it used to before I update.

Befuddled!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been the Control bar at least as far back as CS5. Does the control bar appear/disappear when you select Window > Control? Does anything happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another guess: Basically, the Control palette can be docked to top or bottom of the screen. It's a setting in the Control palette menu.

Perhaps it is set to display at the bottom, but possibly hidden behind some other operating system bar (e.g. the Dock on Mac OS). At least you may check that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kurt,

You nailed it! It was docked at the bottom but I couldn't see it because my document was covering it. iI now have it back at the top. I want to thank Doug and Peter for chiming in as well to try to solve this.

I feel so much better! LOL!

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it is the application frame causing the problem with my inability to see the control bar when it is docked to the bottom. I cannot shrink the app to fit in the window of my iMac. Normal attempts with the mouse in the bottom corner yield nothing.

Any ideas for this one?

Thanks,

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can see the Control palette at the bottom is displaying well if the Application Frame is turned on.

If it doesn't work for you, the Application Frame can be turned off in the Window menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved! Thanks again.

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines