Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outerglow not showing over background

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey people,

I am using illustrator since 2 weeks and I can't get the glow to the front. I tried previously answered questions but those solutions don't work. Any help?

outerglow.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Select the moon and go to your Appearance panel. Click on the Outer Glow effect to see what blend mode it's set to. I suspect changing it will help. Try Screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Mine was already on "Screen" Mode and I switched it to "Normal" which worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Click on the moon element, go to appearance (window - appearance) look at the outer glow opacity. click on it opacity. at the bottom there are boxes you can check, make sure isolate blending is selected. it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe use another color (white?) instead of the default black of the Outer Glow Effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color at the moment is CMYK: 0,91%, 0%, 15,94%, 0,% and 30% opacity. So the color of the glow is correct, only the glow is not showing over the blue sky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the object is not set to overprint or multiply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are both disabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show the contents of the "Moon Glow" layer (expand the layer in Layers Panel)?

Also, with the "Moon Glow" object selected, it would be helpful to se the Attributes panel, fully expanded.

Without seeing these details its just a guess. I think Ton is on the right track of suggestion you change the color to a simple white w/30% opacity.

One more thing, is this a radial gradient and not a blurred object? Gradient would be best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the moon and go to your Appearance panel. Click on the Outer Glow effect to see what blend mode it's set to. I suspect changing it will help. Try Screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice thank you, this worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the issue where my images are not glowing. my professor said to have the bg image set to 85% opacity, and then use the outer glow to make the group of small images glow. ive tried everything and im not seeing a glow around any of my small round images. photoshop 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the illustrator community.

But also in the Photoshop community nobody willbe able to help without knowing the color mode or how exactly the file has been set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was already on "Screen" Mode and I switched it to "Normal" which worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myra Ferguson,

Thank you so much for sharing this information.  For the longest time in my design career I used Illustrator for vector files and vinyl decals. Now these days I do a large amount of Digital Print for vehicle wraps.  These designs tips are great!

Thank You
Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with Adobe after effects. After applying the toro brush tool to the file, I added an outer glow layer but for some reason it's not working or showing up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please select the object, open the Appearance pnel and then post a screenshot that contains the object and the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Click on the moon element, go to appearance (window - appearance) look at the outer glow opacity. click on it opacity. at the bottom there are boxes you can check, make sure isolate blending is selected. it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines