Outline Font - Greyed Out - all fonts - AI - CC17

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should I do? Create outlines is not working for any of my fonts. The command is greyed out in the menu and the keyboard shortcut does not work either.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled Illustrator with no success. I have installed new fonts and it doesnt work for them either.

I have deleted the prefs file...still nothing...

Illustrator CC2017. Windows.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Sorry if this sounds silly, did you select the type with the Selection tool (V)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Outline Font - Greyed Out - all fonts - AI - CC17

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should I do? Create outlines is not working for any of my fonts. The command is greyed out in the menu and the keyboard shortcut does not work either.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled Illustrator with no success. I have installed new fonts and it doesnt work for them either.

I have deleted the prefs file...still nothing...

Illustrator CC2017. Windows.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Sorry if this sounds silly, did you select the type with the Selection tool (V)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 20, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2017 2
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me- i am newbie... i thought I had selected the text correctly but see now how to do it.

>> You cannot just select the text with the selection tool (eg highlighting the text inside the "text box" does not work...

>>>> You have to click outside the text and (for us noobs) select the text as an object (eg text box looking thing) then the command will appear in the menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that solved your problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I dumb to not knowing this stupid simple thing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for pointing me toward the obvious!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0
Resources