• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outline Text For Printing with jpg or png

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A printer needs business card files with the text outlined. However, I only have access to jpg an png files. (It's not an option to go to Type > Create Outlines.)

I tried another method for outlining, but the outcome looks strange.

Help would be appreciated!

Business%20Cards,%20outlined

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the JPEG/PNG files are of a high enough resolution, they may be sufficient for printing.

If not, you may need to recreate them. Do you have access to the fonts used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your jpg and png files are raster images, there is no type to outline. If your printer needs vector outlines to create a varnish or foil stamp, your best option is to find a vector version of the logo and re-set the type, then save as an outlined version of the file. The other option is to draw paths around the type by hand, but I don't recommend doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Normally when a printer makes such a request it is because that printer does not have the actual fonts needed for reproduction. If you are providing flattened artwork such as a jpeg or png which makes actual fonts or even outlined versions of them unnecessary then there is no reason that I can think of that they would need outlined fonts. If the printer's issue is about resolution of the jpegs or pngs then that is something that will need to be addressed and most likely higher resolution images will need to be obtained. Ask the printer specifically why the request is being made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines