• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlapping 3D ring each with repeated pattern in perspective view

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create 3 overlapping 3D rings to look like a traditional simple atomic diagram. However each loop has a different pattern for example one has a dna chain and another is a ring with gear teeth on the surfaces of the rings. They will need to look elliptical since they are in perspective. 

Can I please have guidance or suggestions on positioning the 3 rings in perspective having the patterns mentioned above on the surface. 

I can work things out in 2D and I can use a tutorial to make the 3D gear ring but need help putting them into perspective like in the image I've attached. 

Thanks for any help you can offer.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not quite sure if I get this right, but it sounds like opacity masks might help you.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/how-to/illustrator-opacity-masks-transparency.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines