• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overly specific measurements - need FEWER decimal places

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgrade to Illustrator 24.2.1 a few days ago and have had issues with my Keyboard Increment settings and Transform palette measurements ever since.
I've seen several others questions here and elsewhere regarding how Illustrator will round off artboard sizes (x.375 becomes x.38 etc) but this is quite the opposite problem.
I usually work in picas and, since the dawn of time, my Keyboard Increment setting in General preferences has been 0p1. Now it keeps defaulting to 0p0.9996. Ditto for the measurements that show up in my Transform palette. If I reposition something or make a size adjustment, either with arrow keys or specifically typing what I want, it changes my specs. 
Say I have a box that is at 15p0 on the Y axis. If I nudge it down, it goes as follows: 15p > 15p0.9996 > 15p2.0004 > 15p3 > 15p3.9996 and so on.
I know that my end results are not going to be visibly different to the naked eye. But it's a problem for my general workflow. I gave a nice clear example with easy numbers but it's more disorienting when numbers are randomized and, for example, maybe I'm just trying to look at two items quickly and see if they're the same.
What happened with Illustrator? Is there a way to get back some "normal" settings? I'm a print designer and, even if I'm making dielines, my work is not critical to the ten-thousandth decimal.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Done! Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines