Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packaging illustrator file drastically changes colour of artwork

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have been having an issue when packaging an illustrator file to send to my colleagues or a client. Every time I package an .ai file to upload to the drive the colours of my art work are completely different, only when viewing the file in the drive... However when myself or someone else downloads the .ai file and opens it with illustrator, all the colours are as they should be. I would ideally like to be able to view the preview in the drive with the correct colours.

I have tried saving the file in both CMYK and RGB colour modes prior to packaging, both with the same outcome. Any suggestions??

I have attached below images as an example, the yellow and red artwork is the correct colour. The purple is what im being shown when previewing the .ai file on google drive.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Web services operate without any specific color management. They just assume generic sRGB or a default color profile. Previews will never be exact, much less so in CMYK mode. Never been any different. The text getting inverted is another issue and could simply boil down to AI's PDF previews being kind of busted, but that's nothing you can fix. You have to wait for an update.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines