• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packaging problems on Adobe Illustrator - blank duplicates

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question, help: Whenever I package an AI file on my desktop all goes smoothly. However when I try to send the ZIPed package in an email or upload the package to google Drive, duplicate blank files appear in the folder. These files will not preview and details show they have no file size. It is super annoying! Any info on why this is happening would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen capture of before and after file directories? I'm not sure this is an Illustrator issue as much as it might be an OS issue. I have seen files sent where the font files end up being zero k. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example of my ZIP. There should only be 4 items; the AI file, PDF, Report.txt, and Fonts folder. However 3 additonal files pop up and appear to be broken when you attempt to open them. 

I am using a Mac. Thanks in advance! 

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 3.56.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as requested, here is the packaged file sitting in my finder. As you can see there are no duplicates before I try sending them off.Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 4.06.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not caused by Illustrator, it is a Mac OS thing.

Just Google: mac ._ files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines