Highlighted

Paint Brush Definition isn't working as it should

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I have a situation I need to address with my latest version of Adobe Illustrator. When I have a pasted locked picture and I have a another layer that is over on the picture, so I can draw, paint and such.

My issue is when I go on the paintbrush setting I can only draw with the 5 pt. Round Brush Definition, when it won't let me use any other setting. The only way I could change it is when I already painted on the image and then change the Brush Definition after. Which is very frustrating.

I have tried saving my work, exiting out of Illustrator and turning off my computer, but I still have the same issue.

Any recommendations? 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Paint Brush Definition isn't working as it should

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I have a situation I need to address with my latest version of Adobe Illustrator. When I have a pasted locked picture and I have a another layer that is over on the picture, so I can draw, paint and such.

My issue is when I go on the paintbrush setting I can only draw with the 5 pt. Round Brush Definition, when it won't let me use any other setting. The only way I could change it is when I already painted on the image and then change the Brush Definition after. Which is very frustrating.

I have tried saving my work, exiting out of Illustrator and turning off my computer, but I still have the same issue.

Any recommendations? 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Also, please post the web link where you started, that pointed you to the Using the Community forum

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which brush is it that you want to use?

Just in case it's the Basic brush: you cannot paint with that, because it means "no brush". And the brush tool cannot draw without a brush. Use the pencil tool instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0