Paint in illustrator

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I make sure when I am painting in illustrator with paint brush tool that the paint doesn't bleed out of the drawing outline? I can't make a selection and I want to know features apart from live paint. Please help!

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select your object and from the bottom of the tool pallet choose Draw Inside.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work for complex brush sketching done by brush. I can use it with pen tool though

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense but why are you trying to pain in a vector-based application as opposed to a raster-based application like Photoshop?

Do you have a specific end goal?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, I am working on vector based artworks 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PLease show exacply images and tell us in detail what exactly you want to achieve and which kinds of brushes exactly you use.

Also please show us the result of using a clipping mask. And tell us why exactly this doesn't work for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines