Panton Plus Color Book Updates

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there a way to get Illustrator or Photoshop to update color books as they change. Over a year ago Pantone added 112 New Colors. I actually need to use a couple of these colors on a recent project, but they were not in Illustrator in the Solid Coated Book. You would think since the applications are not Cloud based, they could update the books with just a simple application update. What is the benefit of not having a Program that is cloud based as opposed to CD upload if they can not make these updates to the applications?

If there is a trick I do not know about to add these missing colors please let me know!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017
Get the Patnone Color Manager software (free if you have a printed swatches book) and then use it to install what you need.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get the Patnone Color Manager software (free if you have a printed swatches book) and then use it to install what you need.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, i downloaded the program and added the new colors!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tarrington-gsi,

I can understand your situation. As informed above by Monika, you need to get the Pantone Color Manager to get the missing/needed colors. Here's the link you can check: Pantone Color Manager Software with Library Integration

Regards,

Om

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A simpler option than Pantone Color Manager is use Pantone Connect, an extension for AI, ID and PS and also a web version at https://connect.pantone.com.  The Extension is available on the Adobe Exchange Marketplace (https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.103029.pantone-connect.html).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines