• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pantone colour not in Illustrator CC

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to find a Pantone Swatch. It is not in the Illustrator library. I see on the Pantone website one can buy the full updated library, but I only need two specific colors. Any advice please or how I can get these two swatches on my system without buying the full book.

Herewith the two colors.

Pantone 2196 Uncoated

Pantone 3517 Uncoated

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guide , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Amazing!!! Still has extra colours 3+ years later.

For those who are rookies like myself, this website is helpful for how to install the colour books - https://www.lifewire.com/acb-file-2619457#:~:text=How%20to%20Open%20an%20ACB,%5CPresets%5CColor%20Books%5C.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get the Pantone Color Manager. It's free when you have a printed swatches book that's not too old.

If you don't have any Pantone product and don't want to buy it, then you will need to set up spot colors that have the desired values. ANd then communicate with your printer which ink they should use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

step 1, search the pantone on internet Lab, RGB, CYMK and HLC Values for 2196 U from the Pantone U colour range

step 2, make the spotcolor in Illustrator with the exact name en de values you have found.

In this case: PANTONE 2196 U

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and I have the latest version of the Pantone color manager software and my books are registered. I have most colors loading but I need PMS2149 and it's just not in Illustrator. It's critical I have the correct spot color for this job as it's a brand color for a client. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonni@RuffHaus  schrieb

It's critical I have the correct spot color for this job as it's a brand color for a client. Any other suggestions?

Just create a spot color with similar values, name it PMS2149 and then communicate to the printer what you want to get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Danny 🙂 Still proving helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being as a moderator is busy locking discussions and and removing perfectly legal links in the InDesign thread, here's a link to the up-to-date Pantone spot libraries:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7veu29wd6aq350l/AADfMTSdXEQd3Qkw1MxQYHLqa?dl=0

And here's the documentation that gives permission to share these files:

Sharing Libraries from PANTONE Color Manager with Workgroup - Pantone.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, even though this post is 1.5 years old and I just subscribed to Adobe CC, I did't have the color I needed and didn't want to bother my client for them to send it to me. (I also didn't want to figure out where my old PMS books are stored)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! What do you do with a pantone code with a dash in it, for instance 113-15c. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susumu, the 'P' and dash indicate a CMYK color, which even though Pantone offers it as a specific color, it is simply a CMYK value. Click that swatch and it will give you the CMYK values. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, I love you. Thank you for this! Older post but still provides a ton of colors I didn't have. Very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Danny!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just saved my bacon. THANK YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing!!! Still has extra colours 3+ years later.

For those who are rookies like myself, this website is helpful for how to install the colour books - https://www.lifewire.com/acb-file-2619457#:~:text=How%20to%20Open%20an%20ACB,%5CPresets%5CColor%20Bo....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was super helpful! you saved a lot of stress and time. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines