Highlighted

Paste no longer centers on artboard in Illustrator 24.2

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI Version 24.2 no longer pastes to the center of the artboard. I have tried various fixes such as "turn off Align to Pixel Grid", and Turn on "Align to Artboard" but nothing works!

I am getting pretty annoyed that Adobe is changing these settings to something new every time the app is updated. It's OK by me to add new features, but you are taking professionals out of theier work to spen countless hours looking all over the web to find "Fixes" for stuff that should not be messed with in the first place!

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Paste no longer centers on artboard in Illustrator 24.2

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI Version 24.2 no longer pastes to the center of the artboard. I have tried various fixes such as "turn off Align to Pixel Grid", and Turn on "Align to Artboard" but nothing works!

I am getting pretty annoyed that Adobe is changing these settings to something new every time the app is updated. It's OK by me to add new features, but you are taking professionals out of theier work to spen countless hours looking all over the web to find "Fixes" for stuff that should not be messed with in the first place!

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like it works fine for me as usual (AI 24.2 on Mac OS 10.14.6).

What operating system are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything different here with my set up. I'm on Windows 10.

Ctrl+V has never pasted to the center of the Artboard, it pastes to the center of the Screen. I usually press Ctrl+0 to brign the Artboard to the center of the screen before pressing Ctrl+V.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I tried to replicate this on my end but could not. InDesign is working as expected.

You may try suggestions given by Rob and see if this is helping you out. Please share the version of OS as well with us. Also, please check if it is happening with all the documents or specific one.
If it is, please try resetting the preferences once. Follow instructions on this help article.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines