Highlighted

Pasting SVG Code in Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some information.

I have an SVG code. Is it possible to paste the SVG code directly in illustrator get the artwork from the code.

SVG code (from other source) > Copy > Open Illustrator Document > Paste the code > Get the artwork.

I dont want to save SVG each time and import it in illustrator.

I hope it make sense. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by CarlosCanto | Adobe Community Professional

have your tried copying/pasting? I just did and it worked fine here Win 10, CC2020.

the svg code I copied was a file I exported from Illustrator, I'm not sure if svg from other sources will work as well.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Scripting, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pasting SVG Code in Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some information.

I have an SVG code. Is it possible to paste the SVG code directly in illustrator get the artwork from the code.

SVG code (from other source) > Copy > Open Illustrator Document > Paste the code > Get the artwork.

I dont want to save SVG each time and import it in illustrator.

I hope it make sense. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by CarlosCanto | Adobe Community Professional

have your tried copying/pasting? I just did and it worked fine here Win 10, CC2020.

the svg code I copied was a file I exported from Illustrator, I'm not sure if svg from other sources will work as well.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Scripting, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not possible. Paste the code into a text file and then save it. Then you can open it in Illustrator and import it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats the solution I am already aware of. 

I have a specific requirement as I have to work in many SVG files. Its getting tidious task in exporting and importing. 

Is there any kind of tool/plugin available which can perform such task?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2020 0
Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of a plugin that does this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2020 0
Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that actually worked. It was pretty easy 🙂

Thanks a lot and my bad for never trying the same. 😄

However, for some (or many) files it says 

"cannot paste the objects. the requested transformation would make some objects fall"

Any solution for this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2020 0
Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do those files open without issues using the UI? or do you still get the error message?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, those gets opened when saving svg and opeing it in illustrator.

However, the object inside svg crossess the artboard as well as the entire visible area. But it do gets open by this process.

With copy paste, I am seeing the above error message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2020 0
Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share one of the trouble files?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use the following tool: https://jakearchibald.github.io/svgomg/ , simply copy/paste the code in then download as a binary file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Resources